Tuesday, April 19, 2011

dull lifeless visions

I've posted about Crime Desire before. I've got a couple of their earlier records, one of which I'm not into at all. "Id Music To Combat The Superego" is just a weird meld of noisy, messy outsider punk. I don't like it. Another of their releases, the "In Lucifers Grip" 7" is much more in line with my tastes and I raved about that EP. There's one or two other records between that 7" and this new 12"EP "Alone In A Dream", but it's safe to say that they are still playing raging, rough house hardcore. Life's A Rape Records pressed this. Black wax.
Minimalist layout and design, I think you could almost bracket these guys into some kind of 'mysterious guy' kind of hardcore vein. Their sound isn't hugely removed from alot of bands like that and that's a good thing, in this case anyway. There's less pretension here though, more window smashing, trash can kicking, fast, raw hardcore.
I don't think that fans of bands like Slices, Cold Sweat, Walls and the like would be disappointed with this record. The band certainly has that moody, uncomfortable kind of sound.

No comments: