Saturday, January 31, 2015

DOG DAYS

Rats Blood- "Low Life" LP (Distro-Y/Dogs And Vultures/Phobia/Imminent Destruction/Donnez Moi Du Feu)
First Press, 2014
Pistachio Vinyl /100

Apologies for the lack of posts for the last while. My girlfriend and I just bought a house, so I've been quite pre occupied with all that stuff.
Very little fanfare surrounded the release of the debut LP, "Low Life" from Dublin's Rats Blood at the end of last year. On one hand I like that this band isn't one that's been ruined by the masses and their hyping, on the other, I really think they're worth that attention. High energy, Scando influenced punk with the odd grooved out dance bit, they actually remind me heaps of Boston/LA act Obliteration because of this. This made my best of 2014 list. I hate how five different labels had a hand in releasing this though...

No comments: