Wednesday, May 11, 2011

world under my fingernail

There's somewhat of a story behind this LP. The details are sketchy but I'll do my best to give you the story here. Before I do, I should probably tell you what I'm posting about. This is the s/t LP from New York's Taste Of Fear. NYC 90's death metal. Black vinyl of 500, SOA Records.
So as most of you should probably know, this is the death metal band that Daryl of Citizens Arrest formed shortly after CA disbanded. This album was originally issued on CD only in 1991. In 2001 SOA took the steps to release the album on the analogue format but the story goes they were pressed and then sat untouched in boxes until 2009 for some unknown reason. The label only goes as far to describe that they were 'kidnapped by the Italian authority until now'. I put it down to some issue with either taxes or customs. I'd put my money on Italian customs. Anyway, like I said, this thing sat in boxes for eight years, untouched. Probably stacked awkwardly and tossed around at points too. That would describe the terrible shape that my copy's sleeve arrived to me in. Can't win em all I guess.
The band has reformed numerous times over the years for various releases and shows. Along with this LP, the band managed to record material for a host of smaller releases and splits. Most notably the split with Evolved To Oblivion in 1995. If anyone wants to sell me that record, I'd be forever grateful. Their last work that I know of was the split with The Communion, released in 2009.

No comments: