Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Social Pariah

It's been a while since I offered a download, and what better way to get back on the horse than with this shredder of a demo. Downpour from Rockhampton (mid QLD coast for the uninformed) play fast as fuck hardcore ala Infest, Spazz and Extortion. This is the best Australian demo of this kind of music I've heard in years and it's so good to finally have a new band from QLD that I'm really excited about. They played here over two nights this weekend just passed and they fucking nailed it. Their singer is a 6.3" behemoth and just pushes dudes around with a massive grin on his face. I can't say good enough things about this band.


At this stage the demo exists just as a CD that the band are giving out for free. After a few brief discussions on the weekend it looks like I may be using my Delayed Response label to commit this to the analogue format (ie tape). 50 copies. Keep your eyes peeled for more but be patient as well, I'm just getting the ball rolling today. Speaking of the label, I've got another cool release confirmed, but I'll wait until time draws nearer to talk of it.

1 comment:

rsptn said...

I'm down for a copy for sure.