Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Heaven Is Waiting

Grabbed this in an order with some other records from Deathwish a while back, this is the "Heaven Is Waiting" single from DC's Give. I don't listen to much stuff like this, nor do I pretend to know a whole lot about it. I've heard a heap of people compare them to Revolution Summer acts like Rites Of Spring and Embrace etc. They also kind of remind me of later Minor Threat (go figure). React Records pressed this last year. Black wax.
This stuff isn't bad. Obvious melodic tendencies, this probably won't suit Integrity or Slayer fans for instance. I can't imagine many React Records fans going nuts about this either, but I suppose kids will do whatever they're told these days. The main reason I grabbed this is because Painkiller Records is putting out something of theirs this year (or maybe next year based on how long it's taking the label to get this next batch of records out). I don't regret it, and I've downloaded their other releases, but I doubt I'll go to the trouble of securing hard copies.

No comments: