Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fuck Morrisey, Fuck The Smiths, Fuck The Cure

My city is flooding, this is my best friends street, but I'll keep blogging for you all. My records are high and dry. Thank fuck for that!
This is the new Owen Hart LP, "Earth Control". Going to be honest, I am somewhat let down by this album. In the grand scheme of things, it is certainly not a terrible recording, but if you feel like comparing it to previous work (namely the two tracks of theirs on the recent "This Comp Kills Fascists Vol.2" LP), it just pales in comparison. In more depth, I suppose you could say that they've somewhat abandoned more of their grind structures in favour of a more euro metal feel. They still implement blast beats here and there, but not nearly as much as old material. There's a couple of cool tracks, but I've found that if I listen to this thing from end to end it all starts to blend into one long song. That's a common description amongst albums like this, but it's the best way to get about it.
Vitriol Records has pressed this gatefold package with matte black sleeving with embossing here and there. My photos aren't great, but you kind of get the idea. Black wax. Metal as fvck logo.

No comments: