Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cheap Disguise

While in Sydney I grabbed a copy of the Mind Eraser 7", 'The Prodigal Son Brings Death' on clear wax. The only reason I grabbed it was because for whatever reason, I had a slight memory lapse and thought that the copy of this 7" that I had at home was actually on black vinyl. Turns out I get home to find that I've bought another a press of a record that I had already. As luck would have it though, and as you've undoubtedly noticed, these two 'clear' copies are in rather stark contrast. Not too sure of the exact details, but the one on the right is the one I had first, of which I obtained through the Young Blood Records website when it first came out. It's obviously quite a bit cleaner if you will. The Mind Eraser blog details of a first pressing with "200 orange/gold/black swirl, 350 clear, 550 black. lots of mixed colors". I'll assume that this dirty clear is part of the mixed colours. No idea of pressing info, but I'd guess that it's somewhat unique. Regardless, I am happy with it. Anyone know any details?

No comments: