Sunday, June 29, 2014

HAMMER A NAIL

Crown Court- Trouble From London Demo Tape (Quality Control)
UK Edition, 2014

I'm doubtful about just how accurately I could describe the sound that Crown Court create with this new demo of theirs. You could certainly class this as one of the latest of the current lineage of British punk taking influences from various early 80's USHC and blending it with a classic English approach. At this point, this is probably the furthest that any current English band have removed that Boston feel though in favour of a more genuine Oi assault. Members of a handful of other well known UK hardcore bands, so some of that sound does shine through here and there. I listen to just about zero of the bands that these guys would rate as main influence, but I can safely say that the three songs here are massively catchy and stompy, and this will probably go down as my favourite demo of this year.  As far as I know this is sold out now, but I've heard that an American edition will become available soon. No idea who's handling that though.

No comments: