Thursday, November 28, 2013

HYPOTHERMIA

Melbourne's Sewercide should have been announced as national support for the Skeletonwitch/Toxic Holocaust tour. They weren't though. This is their split 7", "States Of Decay" from a while back with Tasmania's Randomorder. Self-pressed by the bands on black vinyl. I picked this up a couple of months ago on the Sick People/Sewercide east coast tour. Contributing one track each here, both bands play a pretty on point punk metal thrash attack. I've raved a number of times on here about Sewercide. I don't think I need say more really, most readers should be familiar. They have a few new splits coming out with great bands shortly.
Randomorder is the band that I've been most surprised by. It's funny how hype creates a (deserved) following for some bands and then completely disregards others. I'd argue that Sewercide are very well known around Aus at the moment with the release of just a couple of tapes and this vinyl to their name. Randomorder on the other hand can boast a very good full length album under their belts, though not nearly as much of the popularity. Maybe it could be put down to their unfortunate geographical location, or maybe it's just my complete ignorance, but I feel that they are definitely a band flying well under the radar at the moment. Hopefully that will change in the next few months.

No comments: