Friday, February 8, 2013

GRISLY WISHES

People who know me even a little know how disgracefully obsessed I am with Washington State's Bone Sickness. Following a demo in 2010 to be followed by my absolute favourite record in their EP of 2011, Inimical Records out of Seattle has recently pressed said demo to vinyl. I'm unsure of total pressing numbers, but I know this black version comprises the die hard edition of 100 copies. Mine's numbered 34 and comes with a BS patch. The rest of the pressing came on 'mixed' colours and as far as I know it's all sold out by now. As part of the pressing, the music's been remastered and I must say that the job done is just jaw dropping. All kinds of music gets remastered all the time, but I don't think I can think of anything that has made such a marked improvement with a remaster as the tunes here have. It may have something to do with the fact that I've been jamming the original version for the last two years with tape hiss and all, where this master has obviously come straight from the original recording. Whatever the reason, if the demo wasn't listenable before to certain folk, I can't imagine a single true death metal fiend who wouldn't find interest in this now. Bone shaking, blood curdling American Metal of Death.


All new music in the form of a 12"EP on 20 Buck Spin and a 7"EP on Iron Lung Records are both due this year, the 12" should drop by April, the EP, pending recording. If the various live videos doing the rounds on youtube and vimeo at the moment are anything to go by, the new tracks should be crushing. Case in point: the second song they play in this vid:

No comments: