Tuesday, July 3, 2012

NIGHT OF THE DEATHCULT

Hooded Menace get a steady amount of coverage on here. They're records always seem to be in hot demand and since I discovered them I've always managed to be fast enough to get my hands on the more limited editions of their records as they've been released. There are a few of their releases though that I have been trying to get my hands on for the better part of a year, case in point their second full length "Never Cross The Dead" pressed by Doomentia Records. Original presses always manage to sell for upwards of $70 in places like Discogs and eBay and I've always struggled with trying to justify handing over such amounts. Lucky me, Doomentia decided to repress the album a month ago or so and here's the result. A few variations were created; plain black vinyl, or this black and white split colourway, with either a duplicate of the original artwork gatefold sleeve in full colour, or this more limited version of just plain black and white. Can't remember the actual numbers but I think it hovers in the low hundreds. Pretty sure that both the split coloured wax and the black and white sleeve have both sold out at this point. It's possible that the rest of the press has too.

Now I just need Doomentia to get on it and repress the bands first LP "Fulfil The Curse" and the set will be more or less complete. The band have a new album due before the end of the year on Relapse Records. Hope it's good.

No comments: