Saturday, December 17, 2011

maunder

You've probably noticed the lack of posting over the last month. This is mainly a result of the combination of a few things; a) the inherent lack of quality releases over the last little while; b) me becoming an ultra tight arse with my cash since I got back from the UK and; c) an obvious lack of time to get any actual blogging done. A new job role and raise at work has me doing 60 hour weeks. I do a have a small handful of records due in the mail (Master LP reissues, new Painkiller releases, Nihilist demo tape, Gehenna related stuff amongst others), a couple of which are over due, so expect some more posting after the new year hopefully. I'm probably going to start posting about existing parts of my collection too, as the vast majority of it has never seen time on this blog. I also plan to bang out one of those year end lists in the first week of January.
In the meantime, here's a couple things worthy of note.
I recently did a run of tapes for the Byron Bay metallic PV inspired unit SHAKLS. Arrest Records Australia is now running pre orders for the bands debut 7", "Maunder". It's due early next month. The band is so great on all fronts, give it a go here.
January will also see an entire East Coast tour by three bands that I've worked with in the last year. Sick People, Downpour and SHAKLS will be doing a run of shows from Byron Bay all the way down to Melbourne. Mayhem kicks of January 12th and runs through till January 22nd. Here's a link to the facebook page for the tour. I may be attending this entire leg if I can swing time off work. Come and say hi, and then I'll punch you in the face.

No comments: