Tuesday, May 24, 2011

priorities

I've been up working on my zine and just realised how late is, and I've got work tomorrow (priorities) so I'll make this brief. Here we've got the new(ish) 7" from Weekend Nachos, "Black Earth" on black wax. Pressed by A389 Records, four tracks in line with the bands sound these days; heavy, fast hardcore that retains some of the bands PV roots and makes it a little more accessible for the moshier guys. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for this band and this record doesn't do anything to change that. With that said though, this isn't at all ground breaking stuff (it never has been), and there are bands out there that do it better.
They just put a new album out on Relapse, just CD I think? I think I read somewhere that Deep 6 will be doing the vinyl, but as far as I know that hasn't happened yet. A couple of the tracks here are on that album and in the context of a full length, collected with a handful of more songs I must say that it all works really well. I only have the digital at this point, but I'll certainly try and chase down this new vinyl, unlike the last proper album, because it's probably their best recorded material to date.

No comments: