Friday, June 4, 2010

Hacked To Chunks

Posts about fresh takings coming soon, but for now, let me show you my copy of possibly the greatest 7" to ever come out of the late 80's/early 90's Californian PV scene, 'Downsided' by No Comment. Fuck it, don't even kid yourself, this is the greatest. This is on clear wax of which approximately 1500 exist, so Flex tells me. Easily one of the most influential hardcore records of all time, across the board, anyone would be able to get into this, wether they like PV and grind regardless. Crazy, technical stop/start structures, perfect production, and Andy sounds like he's ready to eat the mic, he's that angry. It doesn't get any better than this, ever. I secured this slab on eBay about two years ago, for something like $100. That's the standard that this one seems to normally go for, but I would have paid more. I'd go as far to say that this is pretty much my favourite hardcore 7" ever. There's only one other that comes even close (of which I'll be posting about at a later date).

Front
Back
I
II
The sleeve folds out into this great poster.
#11
Other side of the poster fold out.
You can hear this bands influence in so many modern groups. Obviously it exists in PV bands who are proud to wear that PV label on their sleeve, but even bands like Converge and The Dillinger Escape Plan should thank No Comment and similar bands from this era for their insight. Head crushing stuff.
Check out the DL on the Icoulddietomorrow blog.
Check out CC's better description.

No comments: