Saturday, February 6, 2016

LAST GASP

Hard Stripes- (2nd) s/t 7" (Triple B) 
First Pressing, 2014
Black Vinyl /700

2014 was a strong year for EP's and along with two or three other 7"s from that time, this 2nd vinyl release from Hard Stripes has been receiving regular weekly plays from me via itunes since I first heard about it. For just as long I've also been trying to get my hands on a hard copy for a reasonable price and for the same reasons I'm always complaining about on here, horrible postage rates had just been making it impossible. I bit the bullet few weeks ago and committed to a purchase from an Australian seller along with a handful of other stuff to reduce that sting.
KILLER Hardcore from Richmond Virginia that mixes elements of the good East Coast shit with flourishes of some catchy Oi! and street punk with a few of the bouncy riffs here and there. A total step up from their previous release.

No comments: