Sunday, August 10, 2014

STREETS RUN RED

Battle Ruins- S/T 12" (Rock n Roll Disgrace)
First Press, 2014
Clear Vinyl 49/100

I think it would be reasonable to say that the excitement surrounding the new s/t 12" release from Boston's Battle Ruins has been documented extensively over the last six months on various blogs and websites. I wasn't a fan of the bands previous EP so when the promo tape release for this album surfaced in a hard copy and mp3 format last year I completely missed/ignored the boat. The two excellent tracks that were presented on that tape initiated a frenzy for those that missed out but I avoided committing the big bucks required to get second hand copies.
I did manage to snare one of these clear copies of the full album with screened red cover and screened poster limited to 100 copies when Rock n Roll Disgrace put them up for order back in May though. It required setting an alarm at something like 2am, but I got it. Word has it that this sold out in less than a minute and I know it's now fetching figures beyond $200 on various sales websites. And it's not hype. This is the real deal. It's the most original and seamless combination of hardcore, Oi!, and power metal that's ever been done. And it's easily the best long player over the last three years, if you can call seven tracks in barley 21 minutes a long player.

1 comment:

Across Your Face said...

I just found out about this, and I'm really sad I missed out on this vinyl. This record is tight!