Sunday, October 13, 2013

WARM & TOUGH

I had intended to make individual posts for each of the tapes here, but following a reasonable amount of effort to try and understand and better appreciate these new demos from Velvet Whip and Dribble, both from Melbourne, I've decided that it's not worth my time or effort. If there was ever a town in Ostralia that these two bands would spawn from, it would certainly be Melbourne. Clearly I don't get it, clearly these guys are trying to Alienate the regular punk public, like me and people like me, because all this sounds like is noisy, talentless, fuzzed out dross. It's like they're trying to edge out the edgy or something. Of course, I implore everyone to make their own decision here, but I'm not feeling it at all. There's good, well planned, well executed outsider kind of punk, and then there's this stuff. Do what you will.

No comments: