Tuesday, June 12, 2012

MURDER AND ARSON

Few tapes. First one, the demo tape from Blind Dead. Horrendously filthy, depraved death metal ala Autopsy from members of Dry Rot. Deer Healer Records. Rough recording, guttural groans, down tuned guitars. Good stuff.

The "Family Time" cassette from Perth's Grandmother. A cool, sturdy mix of rougher punk with some obvious doom elements. Slays For Days Records are the responsible party. Not sure if you'd class this as a demo or not, but it's the first time I've heard the band and I'm pretty into it.

The debut demo tape from Brisbane's Deathcrvsh. Don't let the name fool you, this hasn't got much to do with Norway, this is much more along the lines of various fastcore and PV styled bands past and present. They cover a classic Think I Care tune too if that's any help.

I don't know much at all about Legal Highs from Brighton, I just recently grabbed their demo off a friend on a whim. Energetic hardcore with crunchy guitars and a pretty loud vibe. I'd compare them mostly to some more positive edge bands from New York in the late 80's.

And the debut demo from Toronto's S.H.I.T. members of a handful of other local notables including Violent Future and Purity Control. Gruff, grim hardcore that takes as many influences from old Japanese hardcore as it does from the early 80's east coast greats. Distorted and demented.

No comments: