Sunday, January 15, 2012

stab nation rising

It occurred to me the other day that I haven't posted about an American band since the end of November. Continuing this little trend, today's post fodder is about the new 7" from London's Stab. Following a demo tape early in 2011, Quality Control Records recently pressed this more limited green press, and as far as I know you can also get it on black.

As I've mentioned in the past these guys do a very good rendition of the early UK fast hardcore bands like Ripcord and Heresy. Everything about this EP ticks those Ripcord boxes; the guitar tone, the vocal style, the drum frenzy and the recording style. It couldn't get better.

Housed in a simple printed disco sleeve that matches the centre labels, it's a little simplistic and to be honest a bit boring. I definitely would have preferred some kind of proper sleeve and insert with better artwork. You can't have it all though, still a great EP.

No comments: