Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dezerter

Somewhere between two and three years ago with the help of the How's Your Edge swap page, I purchased the Duckhunt demo tape from a Canuck gentleman named Michael Fairley. The deal went down well, I paid him, he sent the tape. A year later I get a random friends request on Facebook from Michael. Around the same time, he was just getting his new band, Bad Choice together, and he was curious if I would like to purchase myself a demo tape and/or t-shirt. For some stupid fucking reason (and in part due to laziness) I never got around to taking him up on his offer. Boy what a regretful moment in my life as a collector that was. So for the last 18 months or so I've been chasing this demo, with no real luck. I hit up various forums, constantly scoured eBay, and even pestered Michael again. Nothing was working for me though. I did give up hope pretty much. About five weeks ago I purchased an Urban Blight t-shirt from that bands singer Beav. If you're unaware, Beav also played guitar in Bad Choice. Long story short, Beav is a busy man, and he wasn't able to post the shirt out right away. Now this whole time, I was aware of the two bands connections, but I wasn't really expecting anything to come from it. I had no plan to hit him up about the demo or anything. So as a conciliation for the delayed post of the shirt he one day randomly emailed me to tell me that he'd be throwing in a copy of 'his old bands demo' for free. I shat, I really did. I didn't have to pay a cent for this thing. So fucking happy.

Anyway, HERE'S THE BAD CHOICE DEMO TAPE. Bawstawn hawdcaw straight outta Toronto at it's very best. And when I say best, I mean the best demo of this style in the last five years.

No comments: