Saturday, October 3, 2009

A song worth singing is a song worth screaming

I don't think that I've ever talked about Ramparts on this here blog, but about two years ago, maybe a little more, before I started Skull Fucked anyway, they released the 7", 'White Boys Love The Blues' through the singer, Sam's bay area based label Spiderghost Pressgang. At the time, I was totally blown away by this record for so many reasons. Superior lyricism, ingenious song writing, just straight out different ideas. There are no bands around like these guys, plain and simple. Too many elements to go on about here, just think something like My War era Black Flag mixed with newer Ceremony mixed with Kyuss and you may be getting close. Too bad they're not really doing anything else these days. Sam has gone on to form Grace Alley, while the bands guitarist is the guy who plays guitar for Ceremony.

Here is the upload for you. Out of everything I've ever uploaded I recommend this one the most. Such a good 7". Too bad I can't find a pic of the wax to go with this, maybe I'll scan mine, but they call it "cum blast splatter". While you're downloading check out Spiderghost. Everything Sam has put out so far rages like nothing else.
I've used mediafire for the first time with this one, tell me if it doesn't work.


No comments: